Please vote for my short story on Indies Unlimited
Please vote for me! I’ve entered an independent writer contest!
If you think I’m worthy anyway, my entry is the fourth of six, and there’s a link to the poll at the very bottom of the page. Vote for RD Hope! http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2012/08/25/flash-fiction-challenge-summer-fun/
Be welcome and true.
Been thinking lately…
- On Meeting Your Muse (2014 Elohim-fest), and the blessings of the Watch
- Customer service gone bad: How Honda almost won the battle, but then lost it and the war
- Considering a new Code Camp talk
- Be careful interacting with any objects retrieved from cache
- Keys to a good technical interview
- Jumping into the pool in 2013 – the teaching pool…
- Please vote for my short story on Indies Unlimited
- iMemories Gets The Thumbs Up
- My poetry book now a published eBook
- Republishing my poetry book as a true eBook
In the past…
Topics to pick from…
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Untitled August 15, 2014
- Untitled August 15, 2014
- How do you stay in touch with coding as an ex-software engineer and a current product/technical manager? August 3, 2014Robert Hope added this answer. Robert HopeI still code 30-40% of the time, and during whatever down time I have I will either grab something off the stack or go fix a problem I've wanted to deal with for a while. In theory, as a Technical Manager, I shouldn't be managing 100% of the time.See question on Quora
- Untitled July 23, 2014
- What is one thing that you have done, or still do, time and again, that makes you regret it later? July 19, 2014Robert Hope added this answer. Robert HopeIt doesn't happen as often as it used to, but on occasion, I will "blow up" at people, in the way that I might say something a bit louder than it should be...and I'm not afraid to speak my mind. In particular if someone is saying / doing something that is not true / not fair to someone on my team […]
- Is it too late for a 22 year-old person who is one year out of college with zero programming experience to start learning coding and get a job as a software developer? July 18, 2014Robert Hope added this answer. Robert HopeI didn't start until I was 28, and I had no college. It's never too late to get started.See question on Quora
- Why does a high tech company ask those questions in interviews? July 11, 2014Robert Hope added this answer. Robert HopeFrom my perspective, they are important, yes. But someone's ability to read documentation and implement framework or API calls should already be a subset of their ability to problem solve or write good quality code. In theory, and I'm open to being wrong on this, but if you are writing good quality code t […]
- What are some good arguments for and against publishing visit and pageview data for your website or blog (not necessarily in real time)? July 10, 2014Robert Hope added this answer. Robert HopeTo be honest, I can't think of a good argument for it. What will it show? What does it mean? How will users see it relative to what they might expect? How do they know if its more or less than a comparative site?The only time it's a good thing to show is if 1. the number is astronomical or sufficientl […]
- What are the best examples of cover songs that were more successful than the original version? July 10, 2014Robert Hope voted up this answer. Jon PenningtonAfter reviewing Wikipedia's list of best-selling singles, here are the top selling songs on that list:Whitney Houston, "I Will Always Love You" (the cover version sold 15 million copies, vastly outselling the Dolly Parton original)Elvis Presley, "Hound Dog" (10 million copies, original […]
- How do you know when you want to rock? July 10, 2014Robert Hope added this answer. Robert HopeWhen do I not want to rock?See question on Quora
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 4,555 views since 7/11/12